Friday, June 30, 2006

Google Checkout Dud

I had been quite excited for months now ever since I read the news about a new payment processor from Google (they refered to it as 'gbuy' then), one that has the potential to rival PayPal.

Well, Google just launched Google Checkout, which is essentially a new way for merchants to process sales as it works with Google AdWords - making it even more easy for shoppers to find you and buy from you, on top of the usual customizable checkout buttons that you can place on your web site.

But call it a premonition. I sensed that it may not be opened for the rest of the world when it launches, and true to my gut feeling, Google Checkout is only for merchants with a U.S. address and bank account. Duhhh....

The only positive thing that came out of this new Google launching is its monetary potential for Adsense publishers. I'm still reading further into this - more than likely a Pay-Per-Result kind of arrangement I reckon instead of the current Pay-Per-Click, but we shall see. One thing for sure, I'm confident that SBIers will have more to gain in the coming months.

If you living in the U.S., you can find out more about Google Checkout here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home