Thursday, June 01, 2006

Rich Dad vs Finish Rich


Just had a two-day holiday break (a 2-day public holiday in Sabah, Malaysia Borneo to celebrate the indigenous people's Harvest Festival grand finale - go to my Travel Borneo Blog for more info of the unique cultural celebration - the only such celebration in the whole world).

What I did was literally taking a much needed break. Past my time by reading a book recommended by a colleague I just bought entitled "The Automatic Millionaire" by David Bach (of Finish Rich fame) , which surprisingly was quite resourceful despite my preference for the more aggressive business-oriented school of thought of Robert Kiyosaki (of Rich Dad Poor Dad fame).

Now, is it all a coincidence that the authors that really tickled my fancy lately are into the word "Rich"?

Rich Dad, Finish Rich, etc... (luckily, Ken Evoy did not call his excellent tool Rich Build It! or something)

What's next?

Rich Adz? Nahh.....

Anyway, today, I carried out a simple step as suggested by David Bach, which can make me up to $15,000 in 10 years time without feeling any pinch or requiring any self-discipline whatsoever. An automated procedure that I personally feel is absolutely crucial for a part-time netrepreneur like myself.

I'd read books like "The Millionaire Next Door" by Thomas J Stanley and William D. Danko and left them gathering dust on my bookshelf, because as hard as I'd tried, frugality it seems, is not in my vocabulary.

Until I read David Bach's book ("The Automatic Millionaire" originally came out in 2003 and perhaps first made famous by Oprah Winfrey?) which in a sense, taught me that I can be frugal "automatically" while still adopting the more controversial fast-lane approach to richness of Robert Kiyosaki.

Hence, it struck me somewhere in my head on my current approach to successfully juggling between a full-time job and a part-time business at the same time for the past decade now.

Both schools of thought (i.e., Robert Kiyosaki vs David Bach) can truly make you rich although they might be so different in the approach, and basically, only meant for a certain type of people (e.g., the entrepreneur vs the employee).

But what if you take in both approaches to work for you? Can you really do that?

I think so...

Thinking back, I guess I'd been doing that for awhile now, amid in "moderation".

Now, my next question is..., can I step on the accelerator to Finish Rich sooner by using Rich Dad's unorthodox "Retire Young, Retire Rich" advices?

Now, how can I place SBI! into the Rich equation.

Hemmm, let me ponder about this one, but if you are also thinking along this line, do be so kind as to let me know, ok?

Quote of the Day: "Being Rich by name is never ever enough."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home