Friday, June 16, 2006

Bye Bye to SiteBuilder?

After created and uploaded my first ever Site Build It! page using SBI!'s "Upload Your Own HTML" function, I managed to quickly create (using my favourite HTML editor) another 4 web pages and upload them to my SBI! site.

Basically, creating my own web pages gives me a lot of flexibility and of course productivity.

Took me about 15 minutes to get use to the "transition" from SiteBuilder, but bear in mind that I do have some HTML experience, although I still regard myself an amateur in HTML.

Although I have to upload my own freshly created web page one file at a time (via Web FTP and not a stand-alone FTP program), once uploaded, SBI! has a "Quick Re-Upload It!" function where I can upload up to 20 (amended) files at one time.

Don't get me wrong, I still reckon SiteBuilder to be the best way to fully understand the whole page-building and traffic-generating process. Most SBIers start building their SBI! site using the block-by-block SiteBuilder.

And, along the way, they learn a little HTML and add their own HTML into the Text Blocks of SiteBuilder to achieve enhanced formatting.

Personally, the best thing about this is that I can still utilized the "Analyze It!" and "Submit It!" functions with my own created web pages.

In any case, do take a look at my first 5 non-SiteBuilder web pages below:

They are all T3 web pages created for my Tropical Vacation Getaways T2 page, which I further amended using the old but trusted SiteBuilder.

Tell me what you think - can you spot any difference between a web page that was created by SiteBuilder and one that was not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home