Saturday, April 15, 2006

Google PR 4 for my main page

Just as I was wondering how come the main page of my SBI! site is not getting any page rank recently (refer posting here) as against my Tier 2 and Tier 3 pages, I have noticed a few days ago that my homepage is now showing a Google Page Rank of 4 (i.e., PR4) on a regular basis.

This is remarkable considering that my 6 years plus non-SBI! site for a similar theme only has a PR5.

Also, I reckon I experienced first hand how SBI! works to get to web pages indexed/ranked by the Search Engines - indexing (and thus, given a Google PR) for the less competitive keyword-rich Tier 2 or Tier 3 pages first before it slowly spider and index the main page or Tier 1 page.

In other words, if you'd built your web site the SBI! Way, the Search Engines should firstly "picked up" your T3 pages, then T2 pages, and only the T1 page as a result of the links referred from T2 and T3 pages. In this way, it's faster to get a higher page rank, rather than the conventional way of concentrating on your T1 main page first.

I know it is nothing really to shout about at the moment as the bottom line is not how high a site ranks, or how many visitors a site receives, but it is all about how much a site sells!

I have no way of knowing that at the moment as I've not yet monetize my site.

So, when to monetize? Actually, it is up to you. Whenever you feel confident that it is ready to pull in the visitors and/or sales. For me, although I felt like monetizing my site from the first month onwards, I'll stick to SiteSell's strategy on when to monetize a site.

I will subscribe to the principle that the Tortoise Way is a Sure Fire way to succeed in the game.

Let's see whether I'm right or wrong...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home