Thursday, April 13, 2006

My costly "GnL" mistake in search of SBI! alternatives

I was having a fruitful time learning the SiteSell Philosophies of Site Selling and utilizing Site Build It! to build/grow my online business WHEN...

I came across a brilliantly written sales page late last month by two veteran marketers (well, at least one of them is...) promoting an extremely promising business/marketing system that can literally earn me more than US$1,600 per month in passive and residual income without much time and thinking needed.

To top off, the system was recommended by several well-known and purportedly highly trusted Internet Gurus (at least 1 of them I personally admired..., until now - no point to name any names here or the system I'm refering to).

All I have to do is follow their (no hard thinking needed) system step by step and pay them slightly less than US$100 per month and each month, I can make up to US$1,500 or even more in pure profit.

Afterall, SBI! was taking me too long to build even one web page. I've to spent so much time into the thinking process, and I've yet to monetize my SBI! site. What's wrong with side-stepping away from SBI! for awhile for a fast money generating alternative.

With more than a decade into this online business game, I think I'm experienced enough now to pinpoint a genuine online business opportunity that requires little of my time to make some fast bucks while waiting for my SBI! site to deliver the goods in the future.

Hey, I'm sure SBI! can't deliver that kind of profit that fast and without the need to work so hard. Perfect!

That was what I thought...

Once I made payment and entered their closely-guarded members' area, I can smelt a rat and found that there was something fishy about the so-called system .

I was completely disappointed by the fact that their much touted business system was no where near SiteSell's business sytem - not even 0.1% close to it.

The main problem was that their system was not ready for new members. There were several bugs and faults.

I straight away asked for a refund citing their oversights instead of the "being scammed" feeling I had deep inside me.

Not that I can sense that their customer service will be lousy, but I kind of expected that it will be..., and true to my senses, it took ages for them to reply, and that too, through their personal assistant, who did not seem to know much and has no authority to make any decision.

Wow...! They did not even have the decency to correspond with their paid customer on a personal basis. Even the busy and more recognised Guru, Ken Evoy, have time for his customer (i.e., posting personally at SBI! Forum in addition to replying some pertinent emails).

Anyway, to cut a long story short..., they appears to prolong my request for a refund (first by not replying and next, telling me to wait). Finally they resolved some bugs and updated their content - two weeks after I signed up and made a complaint.

They have yet to reply me regarding my refund request and I suspect they will try to charge it again for the second month subscription before they will deal with me (but I'd taken precaution with my credit card so that they can't do that).

What this whole episode did to me was made me lost some confidence...

I mean, I thought only newbies get tricked into such things, not a relatively experienced netrepreneur like me.

In fact, I was truly embarassed...

The good thing though, this debacle forced me to dig deep into my netrepreneur soul and the two main things I discovered about my unusual behaviour were:
  • I was Greedy; and
  • I was Lazy
I was looking for a shortcut to make more money in the less possible time and without much work. Perhaps I was desperate (for making money)? But why should I be? I was on the right direction (with 'adequate' money flowing in from my online businesses). Why should I suddenly change?

I was going against the philosopies of SiteSell, as well as my own principals of building a profitable web business.

I was "bought" into something in the opposite direction of the Tortoise Way and C->T->P->M..., all because of...

Greed and Laziness (GnL).

Regardless of how experienced you think you are in online business, a sudden gust of GnL will cloud all your judgement and overall focus.

I may have lost about US$100, but that pales in comparison to the time I had wasted instead of focusing on my online business and building my SBI! site.

Nevertheless, for $100, I had the priviledge to be reminded of the following fundamental lessons of online business:
I hope you will fall into the GnL trap.

There is no business system in the world that allows you to make a lot of money without much work or time.

And...,

If it's too good to be true, it definitely is (no matter what the "Gurus" say). Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home