Thursday, March 23, 2006

My SBI! site showing PR4 and PR3


Seven months since I purchased SBI! and six months since my SBI! site went online, most of my T2 (i.e., Tier 2) web pages are now showing a PR of 3 (i.e., Google Page Rank 3 - the higher the PR, the more important the page as deemed by Google and hence, better search results placement for certain keywords).

One of my T2 pages is even showing PR 4, which was a pleasant surprise for me. I'm really really impressed by SBI!

In fact, I have noticed the PR early this month, but due to the Google Dance phenomenon (I shall not attempt to explain what it means - just google the term yourself), one week it may show the current PR but the next week, it may be zero PR, which is the older version of the dance - hemmm).

To get to that level of PR in 6 months is not impossible. But you will need a lot of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) hard work as well as URL submissions and link exchanges.

I did not have to do much work on SEO. In fact, I just let SBI! guide me and did all the SEO for my site.

I have not started exchange any links with other sites yet.

And I have yet to submit my site to the major 2nd tier directories.

I estimated that I must have spent the most 5 hours per month on my SBI! site since it went online.

I tend to focus on my more established non-SBI! sites at present as they are bringing in the business. I also have to deal with my demanding day job, and spending quality time with my two young girls and..., with my beautiful wife, of course.

As such, SBI! is a super leverage for me to build and grow a different (but theme-related) site with minimal time required.

The only puzzle I have with regards to the PR is that my main page or the T1, does not show any rank at the moment.

But come to think of it, it looks exactly what SBI! Inverted Pyramid principle means? The T1 will normally be the last page to be indexed (as its main keyword is the most competitive), and the least visited page at the beginning.

Who cares. I will leave all these puzzles up to SBI! to resolve while I run my business.
In the final analysis, these PR ranks are mere ego-booster and not traffic-booster. But it is a good indicator of its potential to bring in the traffic based on Google's measure of importance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home