Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Art of Building Web Pages, the SBI! Way?

I had one of my busiest schedules in many years as far as my day job was concerned. Still, I managed to build up to 15 web pages at this point of writing.

While I still found it rather inflexible to use the SiteBuilder to create a page, I realized that the best way - the SBI! Tortoise way - is to build it slowly but surely, bearing in mind that the page is never really finish, always getting a "facelift" as one progresses.

Based on my Blueprint, what I've done at this initial stage is to focus on building Tier 2 pages by adding in the content first (since the content is what makes the page PreSell).

Note: Tier 1 is already done as it is the main page, the first page to be published, whereas Tier 3 can be added later or in my case, while building a Tier 2 page, some new Tier 3 ideas came to mind and I proceeded to create them before I forgotten.

Relevant images will be added later (as my SBI site is travel-related, images can be very helpful in preselling).

Although I'd tried my level best to ensure that the page that I build is Search Engine Optimized, it tend not to pass the "Analyze It" test, which hold me back in the past. But I'd decided that SEO will have to come later, after publishing the page, or else it will delay the buidling process.

SBI! had also automatically submitted my site to the Search Engines and my SBI site is now ranked surprisingly well at MSN for some keywords.

Google and Yahoo! will come later - but this will require some action on my part (more on this later when I reach that part)

You can check out Borneo Tropical Vacation to take a look of my progression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home