Thursday, September 15, 2005

Building My First Page on the SBI!

Copyright and Courtesy of SiteSell Inc.
I have already created the "Look and Feel" for my SBI! site. I have also absorbed the main principal in site building (i.e., Think Pyramid). The next step is to build my first page, the homepage, using the SBI!

Using SiteBuilder, I found that it is as easy to create a web page as filling in a form (refer above illustration).

That was what I thought as first.

Going through the process, and refering back to the Action Guide and Online Help, I realise that it is advisable to use a text editor (such as NotePad) to write all the content first (including the insertion of images, etc) as in a StoryBoard. The SiteBuilder will time-out in I think about 30 minutes, and if you have a long describtion, you will lose all your hard work.

Luckily, there are instructions as well as examples for the time saving StoryBoard strategy, where a text layout template can be downloaded to be used.

Hmmm, while the SiteBuilder may be a perfect tool for a newbie, I guess most experienced webmasters would be tempted to create their own web pages and upload them instead of using SiteBuilder.

Although it's tempting, I decided to give SiteBuilder a try first. I can always upload my own custom web pages later.

That means using the text template.

By now, my brain is numb..., after a hard day at work writing an important speech for the most important government official in my home state, Sabah (in Malaysia).

I guess my homepage can wait. Tomorrow's a public holiday here as we celebrate the formation of Malaysia (i.e., Sabah and Sarawak formed Malaysia together with then Malaya on 16 September 1963).

If I'm in the mood, maybe I will start something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home