Sunday, September 18, 2005

Completed My Homepage

After a hard week trying to balance between work and my new SBI! site, I finally managed to finalise the "blueprint" and came up with my first page, the main page (or more commonly called the homepage).

First I wrote my content in a text file using NotePad, then I simply cut and paste into SiteBuilder's corresponding "boxes". Before I finalize the page, I have the luxury to "Analyze It!"

This little module of the SBI! is a great tool to see whether your web page pass the Search Engine Optimization test - meaning, if it is optimized (or written in the correct/proper way for the Search Engines).

"Analyze It!" will let you know if your description, keywords, content, etc. are in order. If not, it will also tells you why and/or provide some suggestions.

Once my main page passed the "Analyze It" test, I just click on one little button to finalize and make my homepage online.

Before I'm taken back to "Site Central" (i.e., the server side of SBI!), SBI! prompted me on whether I want to submit the said page to the Search Engines (MSN first). I can either opt to do it straight away or wait until later. Of course, before I submit my page, I can preview it first to see whether it looks decent enough for both humans and Search Engines.

No matter what you do, SBI! "Submit It!" module is so smart that it will not actually submi your page to the Search Engines until you have at least 30 pages online. After that, it will not only submit your page(s) for you periodically but also ensure that you will not spam the Search Engines by submiting too frequently or too fast.

Boy, that was easier than I thought. It saves me so much time. Build, Publish and Promote at the same time.

For now, do take a look at my homepage at

http://www.borneo-tropical-vacation.com/

Of course, depending on when you view it, the page will be refined and hopefully improved.

Tell me what you think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home