Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The First Five DAYS (1-5) -- Brainstorm It!

Printed out more than 80 pages of the documents for the First 5 Days guide including the introduction and Help & Strategies sections.

I spent about two days reading and analyzing the guide. Firstly, I found out was that a Day is not necessarily 24 hours in length. It could be 30 minutes, 1 hour or 3 hours. I must proceed at my own pace and constantly reminded not to rush as the rest of my business depends on it.
- or as SBI! puts it, "Tortoise It! and You will pass them all".

I realise then, that SBI! gives upmost importance to preparation (i.e., "If you failed to prepare, you are preparing to fail"). In fact, Ken added that if you get the "first decisions" (i.e, the first 5 Days) right, your entire business flows more easily and yields greater returns. It is about laying the foundation, which I fully subscribe to.

The breakdown of Day 1-5 as follows:

Day 1 -- Learning about the all-important Basics
Day 2 -- Developing the Best Site Concept
Day 3 -- Brainstorming profitable keywords for Topics
Day 4 -- Investigating and planning various options for Monetization
Day 5 -- Refining the Site Concept and Registering the Domain Name

Well, I'm taking my sweet time. The weekend was spent with the family as well as a dinner engagement. The first day of the week back in the office (I'm referring to my day job), was as usual, extremely busy. At this point of writing, I'm still at Day 3 after going through several Site Concepts.
I do not think Day 4 will take much of my time as I've a pretty good idea of my monetization options already (I may be wrong though).
Will continue to fine-tune the Site Concept in the next day or two, if time is kind to me.
In the meantime, I was hoping Marino will email back to me soon, unless my reply to him had been filtered off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home