Monday, August 22, 2005

My Reply to Marino of SiteSell Support

Although I was really frustrated, I have to remain a professional and diplomatic, and refrain from been aggressive. Below was my reply, which was actually sent last Friday:

Thanks Marino for your reply.

I think I had a similar experience with SiteSell in relation to a check sent to me re your affiliate program previously.

Is there a way your company can charge to my credit card directly in CAD instead of having to convert to USD first and then converting again to my country's currency (i.e., Ringgit Malaysia). This will lower the transaction cost considerably I think.

As for my bank, I was advised that I may have to wait for awhile (possibly weeks) before they can furnish me the full details. Anyhow, whatever the overcharged amount, I suspect it may be due to the transaction for the double conversions (i..e, CAD => USD; and USD => RM). I might have to contact you again regarding this matter in days/weeks. Would your support system be able to verify my issue if I were to reply you (with the reference number) in weeks?

Additionally, I consulted a friend, whom I introduced to MYSS! years ago, and he told me that he had no such problem (i.e., overcharged) when he purchased MYSS! Wondering why this happened when I pay for SBI!

In any case, I sincerely hope that you and your company will seriously look into this issue and find a means to resolve the overcharging bit (or at least have a thorough exlaination at your site with regards to the possible double currency conversions and transaction costs).

If I were to renew SBI! annually, this would incur unnecessary cost. And it would be an added hassle when every year, I need to find out from my bank the overcharged conversion cost due to the exchange rate for you to refund via PayPal (another hassle as Malaysians can't even withdraw from PayPal at this present time).

Actually, the last thing I need at the moment, is to go around consulting my bank, credit card company, contacts, etc., about this matter..., when all I wanted to do right this instance, is to focus on SBI! and brainstorm/build a site.

Thank you.

Rich

P.S. It's not particularly, a smooth start for me (could even be costly), but I'm confident that SiteSell will look into my initial predicaments and find the best solutions for any constraint.

1 Comments:

At 12:51 pm, September 05, 2005, Blogger e-borneo.com said...

This matter is now academic.

Although it took SiteSell's Support awhile to settle this issue (perhaps it was beyond their jurisdiction?), I was nontheless extremely satisfied with the SBI! and its value for money, to vent my frustration at their Support.

I was too engrossed with SBI! and since SBI! over-delivered what it promised, I was actually prepared to pay that extra US$70 if no solution can be found to lower the trasaction cost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home