Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Does an Adsense site makes sense?

Sometimes I wonder whether a site build completely to monetize from Google Adsense affiliate program makes any sense as far as the amount made from the program is concerned.

I know there are many books out there talking about how to make $500 per day from Adsense.

But these books are basically talking about focusing your web business strategy almost entirely on Adsense as "the" source of income (which is not very smart - what if Google stops their Adsense program or ban you?).

If you have an online business selling your own products or offering your own services, then, Adsense does not make much sense. This is because an Adsense ad offers your visitors a chance to click away from your site (for some cents to a dollar) that will devoid you from earning much more if that visitor turns out to be your customer.

That is why I don't put up many Adsense ads at my quite established my non-SBI! site.

I have even yet to add Adsense ads at my SBI! site as I want visitors to my site to stay focus (but I'll add some soon on certain pages).

In any case, since I have some free time on my hand, I somehow "whipped out" an Adsense site on Credit Card in 2 days (several hours a day) and just upload all of the pages yesterday.

Today, when I checked on my Adsense stats, I was amazed to find that there had been over 600 hits and 4 clicks at my Adsense site totalling almost $3.00. Nothing to shout about I know but this is without any advertisement or submission to the Search Engines yet, and it's only been a day since the site went live on the Net.

All I did was allocate some of my credits from two or three Traffic Exchange programs (yes, Traffic Exchange is still one of the most effective ways to generate fast and free hits to your site, if used properly - use a splash page to promote your Adsense site; generating direct hits from the TEs is against Adsense program's terms - refer to Google AdSense Program Policies).

Anyway, I'm not going to conclude anything going by just a day of stats. But I will keep you inform of my little experiment to see whether Adsense makes sense in some ways.

And don't ask me why I did not spent my free time on building or promoting my SBI! site.

I just don't know. Maybe, I just want to take a break away from SBI! for awhile?

But if you are interested in Google Adsense, then you should take some time to visit and read thoroughly the Art of Adsense. No, I'm not talking about making $500 a day from Adsense, but more on a detailed introduction to Adsense and how to use it effectively (and in the right manner) as another complementary source of income for your online business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home