Friday, March 03, 2006

Big changes to richADZ.com in 2006, thanks to SBI!

Thanks largely to Site Build It! or more specifically, Search It! and Brainstorm It!, two of many excellent modules/tools of SBI!, I finally managed to find a better theme for my existing Internet marketing/promotion guide site, richADZ.com (a non-SBI! site).

This site started off many years ago as mainly catering mainly for local businesses at my hometown in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia Borneo. I was doing some 'outdated' web-related business such as web hosting, web page creation, etc.

The site remains virtually unchanged for 4-5 years and becoming irrelevant not only to surfers but to myself as I'm not providing most of the services published on the site anyway.

I had not spent much time on it as my energy was on another site or sites related to my travel business (i.e., e-borneo.com) which has surprisingly taken off significantly in the past few years). It has now been transformed from a web-based business into one with a physical presence with (real) staff working for me, and more importantly, one where I have a buisness mentor plus financer (more to this another day).

So I revamped richADZ.com slightly early last year, changing the theme to web promotion from the perspective of a part time third world internet marketer.

It was a great little niche I thought. There are too many marketing gurus out there already, and I need to be a bit different from the rest. Although the demand and profitability appears to be not too good, I seldom rely on "high demand low supply" schools of thought anyway. I tend to rely on my instinct - what I think/predict will be popular in the near term.

Anyway, I do not really plan to focus on this site fully and so, I'm not too worried if it's not making much money.

But for 1 year, I really had a hard time trying to build/grow the site from the part time third world internet marketer theme. My mind was somewhat blocked. I can't find the right approach, the angle or after a while, the interest. What I meant was I was not sure what to write about and what to add to the site.

The only useful thing I'd done was to add the syndicated SBI! Blog (this blog) headings to the site.

After some frustration, I decided to read several "mind-opening" books such as those from Robert Kiyosaki, one of my current favourite authors.

Then I did some research on the subject through Search It! and also some brainstorming through Brainstorm It! to have an idea which theme would be easier to build/grow the site.

After several days, I suddenly realise that it is much easier to drop the third world and stick to just the part time bit.

And it still convey what I really want to share with the web audience in the first place anyway - my experience as a part time Internet marketer.

Voila...,

Yesterday, I re-write my homepage (just a tiny bit) and uploaded it and you can see here. I guess I'll Tortoise It! over the years until I'm really ready to make the big bucks from it.

You see, my main focus at present in on my travel business as I'm on the verge of obtaining the all important travel agent and inbound tour license from the Malaysian Tourism Ministry.

In any case, the moral of the story here is that SBI! with all its outstanding tools, can be utilized to start another web business or in my case, enhance my other non-SBI! based web business.

Site Build It! is really a tool of great leverage especially for the time-constrained part time entrepreneur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home