Friday, March 17, 2006

Problems at Blogger?

Lots of bloggers at blogger.com were faced with a big headache on 16/17 March 2006, including yours truly - we were not able to make any posting.

At first, I thought my other older blog was over quota (although I did not read anyway in Blogger's terms that there is such a thing - correct me if I'm wrong) as I have almost 500 postings since end-2004.

But I had the same problem with this current blog, which is much newer, I began to suspect something else. Maybe I did something wrong somewere with my new anti-virus software that I'd just installed?

I kept getting a big message in red: "There were errors" each time I hit submit to post.

And the details were either:

"001 java.io.IOException: EOF while reading from control connection"

or

"550 Could not open: No such file or directoryblog/14/19/12/e-borneo/archives/2006_03_01_e-borneo_archive.html"

Since there is no posting on maintenance update at Blogger, and I can't figure the problem out myself, I quickly "ran" over to Blogger Help Group and to my surprise..., or rather, to my relief, there was a host of bloggers making the same complaint.

Not sure what's happening to the usually reliable Blogger.com, but this little issue became a "meltdown" issue for a lot of bloggers.

As at this point of writing, the situation had improved slightly. Some postings went through but some still receiving the same dreaded error. And my daughters' blog is not even accessible (i.e., forbidden?)

Time to think hard about relying too much on a free blogging service? Even if it's a service provided by the almighty Google Inc.?


P.S. And while at Blogger Help Group, I read with astonishment that my blog is not the only one which kept showing Public Service Ads by Google.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home