Friday, March 03, 2006

Discussion Board Participation - the most worthwhile reason

From an earlier posting, I said that I'll let you know what's the best or most worthwhile reason for participating in a forum or discussion board.

You may have known that posting messages on online discussion boards is a great way to get free advertising. For example:

  • Ask or answer questions and incude your site link or signature file at the end of each posting (problem: most discussion boards nowadays do not permit this)
  • Your site URL attached to the end of each of your postings will help build incoming links which is great for Search Engine Optimization (problem: this does not carry much weight for Search Engine ranking today as the SEs are getting technologically more sophisticated)
  • post quality information that would be informative for members in the discussion board to gain credibility and click to your site.

But as far as I'm concerned, besides networking, discussion board participation can be used as a source for churning out your own content/article.

No....., I don't mean copying other people's postings.

Since part time entrepreneurs like me are always time conscious, we always look to "kill two birds with one stone".

So, my postings in discussion boards (whether there are comments, answers or questions) will normally end up as an article (or part of it) or a content for my site/blog. NOTE: This strategy can also be used for postings in Blogs, even if it's your own blog.

Of course, I will polish, refine and improve it further or even add additional information, maybe some latest development as an example.

A good example is my recent participation in the SBI! Forum where I posted several comments/answers on Article Marketing and Duplicate Content.

It turned out that I was able to produce two articles on the same subject - in a very short time, something like a few hours for each article). The best thing was that I don't have to write from stretch.

I just cut and paste from my postings at the Forum. Then after some editing, proof-reading, rearranging the flow, and adding some latest information on the subject, my articles were finalized as follows:

Yes, long title eh? Please do note that these are my so-called first draft. My articles are never finish in reality. I will continue to improve and update them, and be assured that if I decided to submit them to article directories, they may have a different title or may be rehashed.

Hey, rehashing your own articles is a normal practice, ok?

The part time entrepreneur needs to work smart as he can't afford to work hard!

As you know that article marketing is still one of the most effective strategies to generate a constant stream of long term traffic, publishing articles sourced from your postings in discussion forums is the most worthwhile reason for participating in a forum.

Come to think of it, this current posting can be used to come up with a future article. Hemmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home