Friday, December 02, 2005

Who is the TOP Internet Marketing Guru?

When I first started to ponder about making some extra income via the Internet many years ago, one of the first things I did was to look for a widely acclaimed web guru - more of a guide or mentor for my journey into the unchartered territory of Internet Business.

Back in the prehistorical days of the mid-1990s, credible gurus were hard to find. Simply because the Net was still very new and there were too many scam artists.

Internet millionaires were mostly confined to the dot.com pioneers whom I can't relate to anyway as their business models are not practical to the small business (more of a speculative-type towards a quick gain in the stock market).

And most Internet marketing gurus do not really teach you how to start, build and succeed in your own online business. They only teach you how to promote and market their own products, sell for them and give great feedbacks/testimonials to them.

I think it took me about 3 years of researching, experimenting and 'getting to know' the many gurus on the Net until I am truly confident with the following two standouts:
  • the incomparable (late) Corey Rudl who gave me the most workable strategies, tips and more importantly, confidence to venture into making money online (now succeeded by Derek Gehl at the IMC), and
  • a doctor named Ken Evoy, who made me realize that even a small-small-business with a small but profitable niche can succeed online by utilizing the right mindset, knowledge and tools.

How I wish there was a site that independently and unbiasedly review and rank the so-called gurus so that I don't have to spent so much time and money to search for the best and most appropriate guru.

Today is so vastly different from the a decade ago.

There are ranking authority like Alexa which you can use to determine the popularity of a guru's web site (an indicator for his/her credibility).

There are so many avenues to get comments, feedbacks and testimonials about the guru and/or his products (e.g. newsgroups, discussion boards, etc.).

And recently, I found a very useful site that is dedicated to helping us find the best guru. The GuruDAQ Index ranks the gurus by a share price which is "based on the rankings of their main site, backlinks, news items and the gurus general popularity on this site".

This share price value is calculated every 15 minutes and comparison is made over the previous 24 Hours. More like a stock exchange index with ups, downs, losers and gainers - hence the name GuruDAQ as in NASDAQ. Creative, and really comprehensive.

This makes me a bit jealous of those who are just thinking of venturing into a web business. Probably, you will only take 3 months or 3 weeks to finally decide on the best guru that can assist you or your business. But, I guess John Sikora, the owner of GuruDAQ was still in shorts when I first thought about making some money online.

The only consolation for me is that my first two and most important gurus (or successor) are still top of the list at GuruDAQ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home