Friday, December 09, 2005

Submitting to Specialty Hubs and Directories

With Zeal, DMOZ, and both the Google and Yahoo! Sitemaps out of the way, the next step I need to do is to submit my SBI! site to Specialty Hubs and Directories. It is important for my SBI! site at Borneo Tropical Vacation to remain as non-commercial as possible for successful inclusion.

This is essential in a way, to get more relevant and higher rankings at the Search Engines as your link is from a directory that has the same topic or theme as your web site. It will likely pull in more targeted traffic from the Search Engines and Directories.

In my case, I need to find a travel and/or related Directories. Better still, a Tropical Vacation Directory (if any).

Previously, I would need to spent countless hours searching the web for the Specialty Hubs and Directories (I'm not refering to the general Directories here, as they are easier to find - just search for some site that list out all the leading free Directories).

With SBI!, it's less time consuming to perform this task via Search It!, another excellent tool provided for keyword brainstorming, traffic building research, monetization options and much more. Search It! function is also available for the public/non-SBI! users. Try it for yourself to find out its invaluable functions.

I simply highlight 'Specialty Hubs and Directories' under the "Specialized" section (for Step 1 - Select Search Category), and for example, select 'ISEDB Directory Database' or 'SE Guide to Topical Directories' (for Step 2 - Select Search Type), and enter "travel" (for Step 3 - Enter 1st Search Term). Click on the 'Search It!' button and all the details of the travel directories will pop out for my convenience.

Or if I want to be more specific, I can also search Google and Yahoo! (for Step 2 - Select Search Type) for "tropical" (for Step 3 - Enter 1st Search Term) and "vacation" (for Step 3 - Enter 2nd Search Term).

Personally, I found the results from 'ISEDB Directory Database' the most helpful, but to my surprise, searching Google and Yahoo! for Tropical and Vacation (and its variation) could still provide info on Directories, more specific to my overall Site Concept (as well as the main Keyword/Keyphrase for my site).

Although I still need to apply/submit my site to relevant Specialty Hubs and Directories, at least Search It! saved me a lot of time doing the researching and searching.

Ok, now I just have to find some peace and quiet and submit my SBI! site, and gets ready for some relaxation during the coming weekend. And not forgetting that I really need to spend more quality time with my family, especially the kids who are on their year-end school holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home