Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy (World Wide Wait) New Year

Firstly, a Happy New Year to you!

This is my first post for the new year (took me 5 days due to the world wide wait due to the Taiwan earthquake few weeks ago which had and is still affecting Internet connectivity and speed in my part of the world) and I hope that you have had a wonderful holiday season in your part of the world.

I'm very excited about what 2007 is going to be in store for us, netrepreneurs.

I also hope that 2006 has been a great year for you and your Internet business endeavours.

For me, 2006 has been a roller coaster year. I've learnt many new things, and experienced a lot - both online and offline business. Some were good, and some were not so good.

All in, I would say I've enjoyed this year.

I'd been pretty busy at work (my day-time job) with new challenges and leadership, whilst my side business (i.e., travel related web business - see my non-SBI! site ) had progressed into a fully fledged brick or mortal business in 2006.

Although we have had a "physical" presence for 3 years now, 2006 saw my travel company, Colourful Frontiers Travel Sdn Bhd, getting full approval from my country's goverment to operate in tours. Hence, we are now a bonafide tour operator.

For added business credibility, my company had also been accepted as a member of MATTA (Malaysian Association of Tour and Travel Agents), the national umbrella representative body for the entire travel industry in the country - equivalent to the NTA or TIA in the US, AFTA in Australia, and ABTA in the UK.

Hence, I have been and expecte to be pretty busy on the brick and mortal side of my business during at least the first half of 2007.

I can't say how much time I would have for my SBI! site this year, but I would like to be an optimist and say that I'll continue building it as usual.

Why not? my SBI! site had been giving me enough income from Google Adsense to pay for slightly more than a year of my Site Build It! yearly fee at the moment, but that's peanut compared to a tourist it can bring to my travel business.

With all that said, I reckon my biggest challenge will be to keep up with both the online (such as posting more regularly at this blog) as well as the offline nature of my "side" business (I can't call it part-time anymore since I have staff working full time 9 to 5, 6 days a week).

I've big plans for expanding (or even dare I say, exploding) my business in 2007, and I hope you do as well.

So, let us all Think Big, Plan Big, and Work Big..., opps, I meant Work Smart (spare some time - lots of it if possible - for some rest and quality time with your loved ones or friends)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home