Monday, August 28, 2006

New SBI! transition template to boost Google rankings?

Recently, SiteSell releases about 100 Sparkling New Templates or also referred to as the new SBI! Transition Template.

What's the "transition template"?

It's the HTML template that Site Build It! gives you so that you can duplicate your SiteBuilder Look & Feel. You pick up with HTML where you left off with the block-by-block building approach! It also has a more advanced version of HTML.

This is absolutely welcoming as I also personally felt constrained after a while by the block-by-block building approach of SiteBuilder, SBI! web page creation module - see my previous post here.

Some of the tags for own-uploading to SBI! have now been changed (e.g., <<.navbar.>> was used as a tag for the left navigation bar, but changed to ***NAVBAR***). The change is apparently minor. The "old" tags will still work and can still be used even for new pages, if prefer.

However, the new ones are said to be more compatible with all HTML editors, including new WYSIWYG editors.

In any case, Ken Evoy recommended SBIers (especially those who are using one previously provided by SBI!) to switch to the "transition template".

I guess there's more to this than meets the eye.

Although there's no evidence that Google penalizes the older version of HTML, I (like some SBIers) feel that Google has not been favorably indexing the pages of my SBI! site.

Last check, my ranking report at SBI! Search Engine Headquarter shows that almost all of my pages are ranked outside of the Top 30 at Google as compared to lots of Top 10s for Yahoo!, MSN and Ask. It also seems an eternity for Google to index my web pages.

Well, I only hope that the new "transition template" and whatever little "HTML adjustment" SiteSell makes will improve those web pages of mine build previously via SiteBuilder and/or uploaded myself, and give my rankings a boost at the Google.

Just have to wait and see if this is a false hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home